Sunday, August 8, 2010

when a candle blows out...

On my weekend grocery shopping trip, I happened to pass by the home decor section of the mall and there stood some of the most exquisite candles i have seen... it got me thinking...

Have you wondered about the relation between candles and people ?? Here's my thought - For me every person in my life is like a candle.. Like a candle, they give out light and brighten my life; the same way a candle brightens a room. They could be acquaintances, like the regular white candles which we usually ignore but dig out when the power goes out... Allow me to reiterate; while they may look ordinary, but they help dispel the darkness we hate. Doesn't that remind of those numerous people we have in our lives, we may not call them friends, relatives, close ones or any such label but they have the solution when you are in the dark !!!

While I more than appreciate those, I want to stress on the other category; the 'scented candles' - Yes, those that not only bring light but also a beautiful fragrance into our lives. They adorn every aspect of our life, beautifying it with their artistic shapes, vibrant colors and pleasing aroma -  I call them my family, friends and close ones. I would hate losing any one of them, but they do blow out sometime..

I felt the pinch of losing one very recently, the candle being one of my reasons for existence. The candle stood out in my life, its shape being the model for me to shape my life, its light soothing me, shadowing me quietly while I was unaware but showing me the light whenever I needed...

How does it matter that the candle was separated from me in geography through my life and now eternally, its presence is and always will be felt very strongly in my life. My eyes are filled with my last sight of this candle, flickering as if sad to see me go but still burning brightly as if to say "I am proud of you and I am always here to show you the light".

Thank you my dear candle , how I shall miss you !

No comments:

Post a Comment