Friday, October 4, 2013

My top 10 P's !!

Recently my random reading spree took me to an article on 10 P's of Marketing. I suddenly went back to 2008-09 and my B school's one odd marketing class that I sat for. As I now read through the list that extends from product to pricing to packaging ( ... yaawwwnnn); my mind wanders into some of the 10 most important things in my life; now not everything start with a "P".. Tragedy !! But I try nonetheless ... 

1. Patience: Most who know me well enough will say I have been blessed with tons of it. I can put up with the troublesome ones, the boring ones, the repetitive ones, annoying ones (in my head, i wonder why sometimes) but yes i do. It has helped me through the very first job I had - teaching, the second job I had - CSA at the airport dealing with a crazy lot of people and of course my current job !!!

2. Panchatantra & Potter: My books are and always have been a constant and rock steady companion. I may have ignored them but they never left my side. My mother is constantly annoyed with the no of books I buy off Flipkart - her worry being where to keep them. I am overly protective of my books and only a chosen few have the privilege of borrowing them from me. They are my portal to quietly shift into a world of magic and i fail to understand how people do not like to read (aka my sister - she was one of them but  slowly transforming)

3. Photos: You always need evidence of the super life you have; how else would people get jealous :P I imagine my house is going to be filled with memories (= photos), showing the beautiful people and times in my life. I had done up my study table years ago that way - renovation took my study table away but my photos stayed with me and are hunting for their next home to be displayed.

4. Postcards: I am a sucker for the written word. This extends out to the age old and now forgotten system of birthday cards and letters, to the more modern system of email, Facebook posts, Twitter tweets, blog posts, whatsapp/ BBM status and any other media that I have missed/ not started using. I still have a bag full of cards I got from friends, family, random acquaintances from years ago. 

5. Payday: So very important in my life otherwise how would I contribute to the wealth of owners of the million shoes stores and clothing stores. I believe you don't realize the value of payday until you run a house of your own; where anything you want to eat, drink, wear, apply and even show off does not magically appear out of thin air. It appears only when the balance in your bank account disappear. I bow down before thee, my payday god !!

6. Peace: A funda i totally believe "live and let live"; Life for each one is different and if you have extra gyaan in your head; i suggest you chant it out in an empty room. Needless to say i hate altercations. Those noisy ones who make a scene on the street, movie theatres, airports - full thumbs down by me. While I fully standing by complaining when the need arises, i also stand by the art of giving it subtly, effectively and many a times to the right people (read senior managers) - it has worked for me very well.

7. Port wine: For all those who are going "tsk tsk", i suggest you skip to point 8. I love my glass of wine (it could be rum+coke or long island sometimes). A stressful day seems to disappear, people sometimes seem a whole lot more interesting and bearable (it adds to my pot of patience from point 1) and of course its an extra excuse to meet my fav people. 

8. Party: Yes i love a good party too. Who doesn't like to put on a nice dress (read - an excuse to shop sometimes), add a little extra make up, strap on those heels and let your hair down to some super music. 

9. Passport: I am ever thankful to my parents for getting my little blue book done as soon as I was born. It is evidence of the many places I have seen and the waters I have sailed on the big red ship (My dad was in the Merchant Navy). My traveler bug has not left me and I pray it never does. Even though I do not step  out half as much now, the few trips I do take keep the bug in me happy and craving for more.

10. Pamper: I am a big believer of "me" time and also "girlie+me" time. It is much needed given we all work as hard as we do .. don't roll your eyes, i do !!! My mani-pedi, spa visits, lazy brunches, lone time to read, super long afternoon naps - are extremely precious for me.

** list compiled by PP aka Priya Pillai ;) **

No comments:

Post a Comment