Thursday, December 31, 2015

Feeling Grateful; Thank You 2015

2015 has been an eventful year for me, to be honest maybe a little more bad than good and so I am happy to say goodbye to the year. Don't get me wrong, I am also very thankful for this year - I learned a lot about myself this year and for that I owe 2015 a big one.

While a certain big life event didn't go down as planned, I watched as my family and I struggled to understand why this happened. We handled it our own way which was sometimes good and many times not. It's funny how we put on a brave face for those around and think no one will notice how it is bothering you. I tried that too, who wants to show that he/ she is hurt and troubled but my parents showed me strength and support that I couldn't imagine. Same stands for my extended family too For that among all the other million things that they gave me, I am so grateful.

This year, I managed to keep to one of my personal fundas of "visiting one new country" and ticked off Bhutan from my bucket list. It was one of my most memorable trips and I believe it will stay so for a long time.It was 10 days away from my laptop and with minimal internet and only being around nature in the most pristine state that I had probably seen it. I understood the idea of being happy regardless of how much you have from the Bhutanese and I am grateful to them for that.

As my sister and I made our way through Bhutan, I rediscovered my travel buddy in her. We were doing a trip together, just the two of us after 2012. We squabble, yell, laugh, eat, drink, argue, gossip and do so much together. Yes, there are times we do not want to see each other's face but we never stop planning our next trip. For that and all the memories coming up, I am very grateful.

2015 was the year when I stepped into the so called dreaded 30s. When I was still in school, I remember thinking of people who were 30 to be well, old for one and just belong to another planet I guess. Everyone around also puts you in the spotlight as the birthday approaches - when are you going to get married, what are you planning to do with your life etc - so many questions come flying your way. I am not one to care for age, it always was and continues to be a number for me. Let me tell you, it's been 3.5 months since the 30s came around; it feels no different. As I looked back over the 20s that I have left behind, I am grateful for the wonderful memories and the awesome people I have met - you know who you are.

This year has shown me what a massive support system I have in my bunch of friends. They may not be in the same city, hell they may not even be in the same country but they are always there. No, we do not talk everyday or every week and that's fine but when things were down, they were with me every step of the way. So very grateful for them!

So, in all yes the year has been bitter-sweet but the lessons are massive and here to stay. As we step into 2016, I am not sure of any resolutions I want to take up yet but one thing is for sure I am hoping for health, happiness, laughter, fun, madness, success, travel and so much more for all these beautiful people in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment